- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Retirement For The Young At Heart
So You're Going to Retire.
Nobody ever said retiring was the first step into an old folks home. As a matter of fact, for many people it is the beginning of a whole new life. Just think of it - no more working, unless you want to, of course.
Think of all the free time you will have. If you're lucky enough to be with someone, think of all you can do together. It's a great big world outr there. Sit back and enjoy it. You're not old. You're new life is just beginning.
Fun Things To Do When You Retire
- Learn something new. Take a class in painting, another language or even Greek cooking.
- Start a new hobby. You've always said you wanting to learn to ski, crochet, or fly. Now you have the time.
- Bcome a wine connoisseur. You love wine. Run around to all of those wonderful vineyards and learn all about it.
- Get a part time job. For example, you're quite good at fixing things around the house so get a job at a do-it-yourself type store.
- Take a trip. You've always wanted to go to Alaska on a train trip. What's stopping you now?
- Volunteer. There are scads of worthy organizations that would love your help. Find one you like and help.
- Take up gardening. You love the beautiful flowers in your neighbors yard. Now is the time for you to start digging and planting.
- Join a Gym. You'd be amazed how many senior citizens are spending mtime at the gym these days.
- Write a book. This is my favorite. You've had ideas floating around in your head for a book for years. Now is the time to get them out of your head and onto paper.
Fun Retirement Quotes
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age.
Nothing does — except wrinkles.
It's true, some wines improve with age.
But only if the grapes were good in the first place.
— Abigail Van Buren
Never ask old people how they are if you have anything to do that day.
— Joe Restivo
According to your latest figures, if you retired today, you could live very, very comfortably until 2 p.m. tomorrow."
— Dave Erhard
Happiness is taking early retirement and spending all of my kids' inheritance before I die!
— Author Unknown
The money is no better in retirement but the hours are!
— Author Unknown
Yes, I am thoroughly enjoying retirement! The best part is observing my neighbors drive off to work in the morning knowing that their day will be filled with jerks, brainless and endless meetings, jerks, vendor lunches where you hold your breath just waiting for the sales pitch until you regurgitate your pasta, more jerks and the eventual company reorganization of the section that was just reorganized last month!
— Bill Kalmar
Fun Jobs for the Young at Heart Retiree
- Golf Course Jobs
If you love golf this is your place to put in your applications. There are several different jobs you can do at a golf course. For example: Sales in the Pro Shop, Marketing and Promotions, Food Service, Graphics, Computer Operations, Golf Cart Maintainance, Golf Course Maintainance, and if you're really good at golf you could be an Instructor.
- Sports Team Worker
Many sports teams hire seasonal and part time workers. You could get a job ushering, in ticket sales, food service, clean up or set up.
- Retail Jobs
Now is the time to start your own business. I'm talking about Avon, Mary Kay, teaching a craft or working for a retail establishment that sells what you are interested in. If you love to do crafts or ew, work for a craft/fabric store. If you enjoy being around or making jewelry, work in a jewelry department.
- Teachers Aide
If you love being around children this would be a terrific job. You would be able to be with them for a fews hours a day. You will never find a more rewarding job. It would be a chance to make a difference in a young person's life. Anothern plus is that you would have evenings, weekends, and summers off.
- Marina Job
If you like being near or on the water, this is the type of job for you. You could be a boat cleaner, tour guide, harbormaster, fuel attendant, or a boat instructor.
- Van or Shuttle Driver
There are many uses for a van or a shuttle driver besides businesses using them to transport their customers. There is a need for transportation for airport, hospital, hotels, and even car dealerships. Also, now that people are living longer and having more of a problem getting around on their own, there is a great need for transportation to the doctors, grocery stores and various other place people need to visit.
If rearch is your thing you'll love this type of job. There are companies and universities out there looking for researchers. If you are good at researching you will be able to name your hours and work at home if you wish.
- Selling Online
You can make a tidy sum selling merchandise online at places such as Craigsslist, Amazon, or Ebay. You can start out by selling what you have in your own home. If you decide this is what you like doing you can buy new merchandise from many different merchandisers online.
- Freelance Writing
You've thought about writing for years, now is your chance. You can write articles for an online media company, write articles for your local newspaper, submit artiicles to your favorite magazines, or publish articles online with hubpages, wizzley, squido, or many of the other sites available.
- Changing Realities: Retirement Planning in the New E...
Every idea about retirement that we learned before 2007 won't work - ever again. The new economy calls for new solutions. Learn what has changed, and what to do.
- How to Adjust to Early Retirement
Early retirement is a big step in one's life. Are you ready to retire? Learn how the stages of retirement affect your role and focus in life. Retirement plans may change after you analyze your income, savings and necessary life adjustments.
- Retirement is Out, the Active Adult Lifestyle is In
The concept of retirement has evolved in our lifetime. Retirement used to involve three steps: work and save (most of your life), then quit working (at the magic age of 65), and then enjoy your golden years (in the few you have left). Longer lifespan
- A Best Retirement City is a Hot College Town - Best ...
The renowned University of Florida (UF) is located in Gainesville, a Top College Town as well as one of the Top 20 Retirement Cities in Florida. College towns usually are less affected by a recession than are other places, and this is true of Gainesv
- Enjoying Life post Retirement
How do you like to spend your post-retirement life? Learn the different ways of post-retirement life.