The Online Freelance Writing World Is a Humorous Place
I have been an online freelance writer for maybe a year now. It all started as an attempt to make some money on the side, but today it is my main source of income. I thought it would be much easier to find work as I accumulated more and more experience and knowledge, but the reality was somewhat different. In reality, there are far too many people who are willing to work for peanuts, which makes us honest writers lower our rates even if we really wouldn’t want to do it.
To clarify this, I am not talking about writing on HubPages or similar websites. No, I am talking about being a ghostwriter and selling your pieces to people who will use them as their own, and probably make more money on them than you could ever imagine. In this game, you will have to constantly prove yourself to people who, in many cases, do not even know what they want from you – they just know what they do not want, and this is most commonly to pay the rates you would realistically ask of them. However, this is a completely different story, one that I will probably leave for another hub.
First of all, I will tell you that the majority of people working as online freelance writers cannot write or speak decent English. This is a bold statement, I know, but I have evidence to prove it.
Second of all, many people who are looking for writers also cannot use proper English, but they do not even have to – I’ll admit to that. They know enough to tell the writer what they or their clients need, they have their proofreaders who make sure the pieces they receive are well written, and they are basically businessmen. This means that I have no problem with employers who cannot speak proper English, as long as they don’t stop speaking as soon as the time comes for making the payment.
On the other hand, I often get pissed off when I see who I have to compete with to get a job. What’s even worse, these people get the job in many situations simply because they value their work less. The end result is a badly written piece which is most commonly not even usable. Well, I simply do not understand how and why anyone would hire a writer who is capable of producing “sentences” like the ones I will show you here.
Examples of sentences written by people who make their living as online freelance writers:
· Hope you doing gud ther
This is **** ***** from india,i am much interested to hires in this job and would like to divelop long term relation ship with yourslef.If interested kindly drop me message,we can proceed now.
This is ***** ***** working with mine team having 12 in member.
Delivers more than 1000 articles a day with mine colleges.
But the principals of our team is very strict.
If u want to contact us send and email to me
has three years experience in this field.
********** at the rate gmail dot com [ no space in between]
Each and every one has to under our terms and condition.
If any one wants to give us the project contact.
The detail of contact has mentioned above.
Can submit more then 50 articles per every day.
· I like to write unique.
· I can camply with your needs, and I can do this project in effectively manner.
· Hi you need highquality, original articals free from grammer flows, and that is exactly what I guarantee.
· Your trust is our proud.
· Sir I want do the job. I waiting your reply. Please reply me positively.
· hello sir, I am recently graduated, now looking for job !! I am business student. so, at least, I am very used to stuffs like typing, powerpoint slides making, excel database, SPSS analysis etc. So, data entry, I did it for myself free as a student and now the same job is for you. AND yes, the amount is just for maintaining formality !!!
Examples of sentences written by people who are hiring online freelance writers who have written the sentences from above:
· i just want intelectual writer for developing my own artical indeed.... thus i might be so far building up a long term relation ship with a bidder. please send me ur potential activity.
· Dear contractor i need good articale writer to make some articale for me. articale must be in good English and relocate to social science subject. specially linguistic history development study. you can use web site to manege and find informations but articale must be a unic and accurate .i will use a copyscape softwear. so unic articale approved. i will pay by articales
I need some good quality articles.
300 words 150 words and in different lengths.
Good payments will be given.
Atleast is not going to disapoint you.
These are some of the favorite quotes I have gathered in just a couple of last weeks, as I really got tired of reading the nonsensical ramblings of people who really make a living from writing! My intention here was not to insult anyone, but to make you laugh, and shed some light on a subject I find extremely interesting. Again, I am not saying that I have perfect command of the language - far from it – but I simply do not understand how people can hire anyone based on the sentences mentioned above.