Thinking---In or Out of the Box
With all the turmoil in the world today and everywhere you turn it seems to be all negative. Oh yes, when I was young (I now refer to it as my real stupid years) I really thought I could change it all and I was serious too!
Now! at my age I can look back and laugh and I have found another avenue of going forward with---positive--thinking and learning. I have written several hubs on this subject and will continue. I see so many talented writers out there that are still attempting to publish books and novels in---yesterday's world.
Most folks publish and read with electronic devices now. I too simply publish and read digital books on my favorite Kindle or iPod. I have read and listened to over a hundred books that I would have never read in paper books and they are less expensive.
Some folks seem to think that they are to give up their paper books---nay, nay my friends. You now have both worlds at your finger-tips. Look around you, everywhere in your daily life it is done by a computer in some format---buying your food at the store, banking and all your merchandise goes through a computer.
Now for those like myself that love reading and writing novels in all category's we have it right at our finger-tips.
If Your in the Box:
1. I have seen many talented writers struggling as they tried to run the gauntlet of an agent or big publishing house as they waited for months to receive a form letter of reject.
2. Let's just say that you have put up your hard earned money to get it there and into a book store with hundreds of others---who is marketing it? Is it on the top ten list and greets you at the front door? If not it will be jammed in with the others way back on isle 9c.
3. Each day there are more paper-book-stores closing and the majority of those books are disposed of in the landfills.
If Your out of the Box:
1. We now know that digital books and devices are out selling all others. All your favorite authors got smart and have taken their great books and put them into these formats---even your own public library. All the classics are now available free in this format and you now can check out and download most paper backs to your computer or other readers without going to the library.
2. Look around you; the odds are your children and grandchildren are holding a digital device---iPod, Kindle, etc. Many schools have replaced the heavy books and are teaching by computers. As they say---sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
3. Think about it, here we are sitting here reading and creating hubs on a computer or a device and panic when it has a problem and we can't ---send or receive.
As many of you know I love to write fiction: The reason being I guess, it is the rebel in me because----there are no hard rules in fiction, a lesson I learned from reading some of those great authors---Hemingway, Steinbeck, etc. who refused to get in the box.
It is so easy now to publish your books and novels and at no cost. I recommend that if you want to test the waters---I use (Amazon.com Kindle direct publishing) and have had very good results. I am in the process of putting all my Romance novels here. I just down loaded (Madam Claudette) (Winter Passion) and seven more are waiting their turn under the pen-name Virginia Navarre.
Yes my friends you now have it all right at your finger-tips and as my Cajun Grandfather always said---Man does not walk backwards.
Question: Are you in or out of the box??????