Ebook Vs Print Book : Which One Is Good for You ?
Books Are Your Best Friends
Ever since I get in touch with books, reading has become one of inseparable part of my life. Books considered as our best friends. I am an avid book reader since my childhood. I read many fiction and non-fiction books, all were paper printed traditional books borrowed from library and friends. For years we could not even think that an electronic gadget can threat to replace printed paper books so easily. Since 2000, reading gadgets started appearing and it's getting better each year.
Since the last couple of years, eBooks is seemed taking over the traditional books. eBooks are on a rise and people started liking them more and more. With the tide of eBooks, a question arising that does eBooks overtaking printed books? Many people like eBooks while many others like traditional printed books. So let us take a look at some advantages and disadvantages of both eBooks and printed books. These advantageous and disadvantages are based upon my personal experience as well some friends advice. Let's explore.
Portability is a great feature we want to see in our reading. eBooks are much more portable and comfortable than printed books. You can carry an eReader in your bag easily while travelling, which requires much less space than a printed book. Paper books are easy to carry as well but for one or two books. If you want to carry more books, an eBook reader is your answer. Portability and memory are some of the best features of eBooks. eBooks are being popular because people can easily handle them, travel with them, carry more books and it looks cool!
Portability of an e Reader Over. Conventional Books
Memory to Save More Books
This is a very useful feature along with portability. eBook readers come with more storage and can carry hundreds of books. The different eBook reader comes with different memory space that can save thousands of books. For example, a simple eBook reader can easily carry at least a couple hundred books. You can not think to carry 100 books at a time but with eBooks, it is a norm. Many eBook readers come with an additional slot so you can use a memory card to save extra books. Modern eBook readers come with a memory slot so the user can add extra memory to save even more books. Even further, readers being attached to the cloud now and in the data cloud, one can save millions of books. It will be more than enough for your lifetime, isn't it?
Benefits of eBooks
- Affordable-eBooks are cheaper than printed books. You can read eBooks on many devices so it is not necessary to buy a device to read an eBook.
- Portable- eReader are small and easy to carry around.
- Durable- eBooks last forever, you don't have to worry about it being lost or torn down or wear down. Once you buy an eBook, you will have it for a lifetime.
- Green for Environment- eBooks helps the environment in a great way as it does not need tree cutting.
- Easy to Buy- One can buy eBooks easily as long as they have the internet connection. You do not need to wait for the printed book or not even need to go to the library. Just click and it will be there in seconds!
- No paper cut! - That is an added benefit that you will never get a paper cut from eBooks :)
Advantages of Printed Books
- Physical- Printed books give you a feeling of ownership of a tangible item. You can have a book on your hand and feel it's weight.
- Aroma- All books have its own very special aroma. New books have its awesome aroma of new pages, print and binding. Old books also have their special aroma. With eBooks, you can never have that aroma.
- Notes- You can take real notes and highlight in the printed books. You can do the same in eBooks too but will never get the same feelings.
- Feel- eBooks can never give the same feel of printed books. It is very good to feel to buy a new book or even borrow from the library and feel it physically. With an eBook reader, you will be holding the same reader for every book you read.
Growing Popularity of eBooks
Disadvantages of eBooks
- Can not share- You can not borrow eBooks as you do with printed books. ( Although it is worth to many new era readers provide the capability to share your eBook with others. )
- this can also go as a benefit because now with readers you can share it online).
- Technical- Modern eBook readers are user-friendly but one still needs some basic technical understanding to use them. If you are switching from printed books to eBooks, you need to get some basic understanding of how it works.
- Technical malfunction- eBook readers run on technology and with the technology we have to be ready for some malfunctions. Sometime it will not be as easy as printed books.
Disadvantage of Paper Books
- Bigger size- Paper books are usually bigger in size and you have to carry them.
- Less portability- There is a limit on how many books you can carry with you. With an eBook reader, you can carry hundreds of books.
- Less Sharing- Printed books are not easy to share sometime, but eBooks can be shared with a person on the other side of the world very easily.
- How to Flirt with a Guy ? Ways to Flirt with a Man
Flirting is a cute way to attract someone and show them you are attracted to them. Here are some cute flirting tips for woman so you can flirt with your man and guys more easily.
- Health Benefits of Beer : How Beer is good for Your Body and Health
Beer have some health benefits for your body and overall health condition if taken in controlled amount. So here are some health benefits of beer. Cheers!
- How to relieve stress at work
In today's hectic world, we all got stressed out. We all need to relieve stress, especially at work. Here are some tips on how to relieve stress at work.
- Female Body Types : Woman Body Shapes and Clothing
A brief article on Female Body Types. Learn about various women body types and find out what dressing will suit your body types.
- What to do when your bored - Things to do when your bored
This is an article to get you out of your boredom. This will let you know what to do when your bored ? I summarize some nice and crazy things to do when your bored.
Which one do you prefer?
At the end...
In the end, it really does not matter how you read as long as you are reading. Many people prefer reading paper books while many are turning towards eBooks. Paper books are classic and more user-friendly as it does not need much technical knowledge. It gives the feeling of reading and it's kind of emotional thing for many people. On the other hand, an eBook reader needs a little technical knowledge but it's awesome while travelling as you can carry all your books easily.eBooks growing its popularity with time as the younger generation.