Top 20 Mark Twain Quotes
20) When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
19) It is not best that we should all think alike; it is a difference of opinion that makes horse races.
18) Wit is the sudden marriage of ideas which before their union were not perceived to have any relation.
17) If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
16) The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
15) Everything human is pathetic. The secret source of humor itself is not joy but sorrow. There is no humor in heaven.
14) You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
13) Humor is mankind's greatest blessing.
12) Humor must not professedly teach and it must not professedly preach, but it must do both if it would live forever.
11) I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.
10) Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.
9) Don't let schooling interfere with your education.
8) Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
7) Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
6) A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
5) A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.
4) All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
3) It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.
2) When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain.
1) If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first.