- Books, Literature, and Writing
Why Introverts Are So Cool
If you are an introvert like me you will understand what I am about to write. Introverts according to the google dictionary means shy or reticent person. Reticent means one who does not reveal their emotions or thoughts readily, again according to google dictionary.
I agree with the google definition for my personality because I can be shy and reticent but other times just quiet by nature. Sometimes my quietness is mistaken for shyness. I can be quite unpredictable and spontaneous at times too. All of my life I have been misunderstood. Can you relate to me?
Here's reasons why I feel Introverts are cool:
- We are empaths. Empaths are people who can feel others as themselves and are quite sensitive to our world and sometimes other worlds. We give the world love, peace, and miracles. We are the ones people call human angels because we understand on a mental, emotional, and spiritual level extroverts do not understand. I'm not saying extroverts are uncaring but their world quite often revolves around them but in this world we need extroverts too because extroverts most of the time speak when we are unable to. If we work together the possibilities are endless. Google definition for extroverts is that they are outgoing and overtly expressive people.
- We are old souls. We are quiet because we know too much on a spiritual level. If you are not an introvert you won't believe it or understand it. We stay in our heads too much because we have been here before. We have said and did all that has been done and said and we have been put here to show others what we have learned.
- We can be overly sensitive and feel more than we should and this can sometimes lead a introvert to suicide. They are feeling too much and cannot handle it or do not know how to handle it because of the environment they were raised into. Introverts may be old souls but we sometimes if born under the Cancer astrological sign can need a guide to help us understand all the emotions hitting us at one time. Introverts are very spiritual beings and we can come off as weird to extroverts.
- Weird, what's the heart meaning of this world. Somebody tell me. It's the weird people who make this world. We are weird and different but we add color to this world. We add the rainbows to the skies after the rain. We are the smile after the pain. No one has to believe it to be true. Truth is truth no matter who believes.
Weird Famous People Who Moved and Shaked This World:
- Albert Einstein
- Rosa Parks
- Bill Gates
- Steven Spielburg
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- Mark Zuckerburg - Founder of Facebook
- Abraham Lincoln
- JK Rowling
- Hillary Clinton
- Merly Streep
- Dr. Seuss
- Barack Obama
This a short list of Introverts who have stepped out into the public view.
Myths about Introverts
1.) We do not like people. This is not true. Our hearts are the biggest of all the hearts. We are not a fan of people because of how most people have treated us but we are the nicest people you will ever meet. We may come off as not liking you because of our stern or stoic expressions sometimes but inside we are the sweetest people. If you take the effort to remove a brick from the wall of an introvert you will see the sun shine through and it will be for you.
2.) We cannot speak in public. This is also not true. As you can see from the list above introverts will step out and speak when we are passionate enough. Introverts are always passionate about something.
3.) We are mean. This is furthest from the truth. People think we are mean because of our expressions and our ability to withdraw in any situation. We just like to be alone because we like to reflect and live in our minds. We are creative and artsy people as well. We express ourselves well writing, painting, drawing, and creating art. Once you get to know a introvert you will realize what a sweet and nice person you have actually had the courtesy of meeting. We have our guards up a lot which can come off as mean because we know the dangers of the world and we know people try to prey on the quiet because they think quiet is weak but quiet is not weak.
Truths about Introverts:
- We are always thinking. We are always thinking of how to improve something. We think about the good and the bad in the world. We analyze well.
- We will make every excuse in the world not to go to a party or social event that does not ignite our passion. If we are passionate about something going on there we will be there.
- We love solitude and silence and can live a lifetime alone and it wouldn't bother us. We are human and would love to have a companion who understands us and if we are blessed to have someone who loves us and want to be around us we will love every moment and even give our life to keep that person or people safe. Some introverts are born protectors.
This world has three types of people: Introverts, Extroverts, and Ambiverts. Ambiverts are people who are both introverted and extroverted. Which one are you?
Sources: Google.com & Inc.com
view quiz statistics