- Books, Literature, and Writing
5 Ways to Tell You're a Writer
Sometimes I find myself doing things directly related to the fact that I spend the majority of my waking hours writing or editing other people's writing.
1. You get the deer in the headlights look any time you have to participate in a verbal conversation.
2. You can't type on other people's keyboards without making 25 million typos.
3. You tell people to email you instead of text so you can at least keep your fingers on the keyboard if you must be distracted.
4. People look at you funny and make awkward comments about your typing speed.
5. You have trouble following conversations on the phone or in person because you can't "see" the words.
I don't know. Maybe it's just me. Anyone else do any of these things or have your own writer's quirks to add?