jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

National Novel Writing Month Challenge!

1. Bakerosity profile image81
    Bakerosityposted 2 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11945122_f520.jpg
    Hello fellow Hubbers! As some of you may know November is National Novel Writing Month! I myself have taken the challenge and have begun the art of constructing a world of my own on the pages of the land of fiction. I encourage all of you to join me in this challenge! The goal (as set by NaNoWriMo.org) is 50,000 words by the end of this month. Let's make a goal and see if we can reach it!

1. Sed-me profile image83
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So do we win anything? Is it a contest? Do we send the novel to someone and if not, how do we prove we did it?

Bakerosityposted 2 years ago in reply to this

From what I have read it is more of an encouragement to writers to complete their novel or at least reach a goal. If you reach the 50,000 word goal by the end of November you are declared a winner. The prize is knowing you completed a novel and having a finished manuscript. Some sponsors offer additional prizes such as a paperback version of your book as proof that you have written it. From what little knowledge I have on the subject, several popular books have been published after being written and completed thanks to NaNoWriMo. As this is my first year I can't really offer you much information on it, but you can find more on the subject on their website.

1. Sed-me profile image83
          Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Does it have to be good?

Bakerosityposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's one of the cool things about it. The site is set up so that you can update your word count, but you don't actually post your book. As I said in my previous reply, it is more of an encouragement to keep writing and possibly complete your work. It can simply be a rough draft if you like, it doesn't have to be a perfect body of work. You can also connect with other writers who share a similar interest and encourage each other to meet your goals.

working