jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)?

1. Amber Howard profile image60
    Amber Howardposted 5 years ago

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)?

Has anyone ever participated and how does it work - this is a relatively new concept to me, I am ashamed to say!

2. lindalou1963 profile image76
    lindalou1963posted 5 years ago

I just signed up too. Look for JenJen0703 on hub pages, I think she knows something about it, she led me to the site. smile

Amber Howardposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I will check it out!

3. barbergirl28 profile image76
    barbergirl28posted 5 years ago

I just participated. The goal is to write without abandon for the month of November. If you hit 50,000 words you have completed NaNoWriMo. That doesn't necessarily mean your book is finished. That depends on what you are writing. When I finished mine, I ended up with 83,000 words for the month. As a winner, there are many perks, not just bragging rights. It is a great experience as well. I have been wanting to write a book for years and this was the fire I needed to get it done. However, there is no fees to participate. So if you want to try it, I say go for it!

Amber Howardposted 5 years agoin reply to this

...well, that sounds so fun! I will definitely have to give it a go.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I believe their website is nanowrimo.org but it changes throughout the year because they have different events they promote. I participated in the 2012 nano and squeaked by with 50,600 on the final day. It's an invigorating experience that I recommend to all writers, and the website is great for tracking progress and connecting with friends in the area.

5. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

I've done it!!!

I was my first time and found out about it two years ago through SheWrites--a writing community for women--and it basically works like this:

During the entire month of November, writers across the nation (and world, I'm sure) set out to write 50,000 words towards a (or completion of a) new novel. Writers can track their progress, and word count, on NaNoWritMo's official website, and find support, advice, and encouragement through the process!