jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Protecting What's Mine

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image88
    Jacqueline4390posted 3 weeks ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13592326.jpg
    I have just gone through all 115 of my articles choosing the drop-down "copyright" with my name attached to it. I am truly happy I discovered this before I contributed future articles. This gives me peace of mind whenever I post that there is a symbol to show this belongs to me.

I am just wondering how many other writers have taken the time to select this drop-down  option. Do you feel that it is relevant? Please share your thoughts!

Jacqueline4390posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

It took me three days to complete this project because I had other commitments as well. However, I feel it was time well spent!

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

I'm afraid the copyright notice makes very little difference. 

You just have to accept that if you post on HubPages, your work is going to be stolen.  It is SO well known amongst the scammer/spammer community as a source of articles, you can even buy software to automatically copy Hubs as they're published!    The kind of people who'll do that, won't worry about a little thing like a copyright notice.

The only thing you can do is be vigilant and check for copies regularly.   Then file a DMCA notice with the offender's hosting company - and they won't look at the copyright notice either, they'll just compare the articles.

Jacqueline4390posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

True, But if they try to get famous with one of my articles, I will make sure I get my share. Many famous authors’ works have been shared.

3. Jacqueline4390 profile image88
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 weeks ago

Rules are basically for honest people. They set guidelines and boundaries. Dishonest people care nothing about rules: they break into your home, car, steal your wallet and worse. So, spammers and others will do what they will regardless of any rules. However, when an honest person sees a red light--even if its the middle of the night and no one is around--will stop and wait for it to turn green. This is a person of integrity and will do the right thing regardless of the situation!

working