jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I get information about my new novel to the attention of others?

1. profile image45
    Ken Weeneposted 8 years ago

How do I get information about my new novel to the attention of others?

I have a novel coming out soon and want to do as much publicizing as possible.

2. Mrfinn profile image53
    Mrfinnposted 8 years ago

If you have a publicist they should do a lot of the leg work for you.  If you are strictly freelance it can be a challenge.  I guess you should start by answering a few questions.  1. Have you been published before? 2. Is this a self published novel? 3. How much elbow grease are you willing to throw into the process (time, money, effort).

3. yoshi97 profile image71
    yoshi97posted 8 years ago

Here's an idea:

Buy a couple of your books (about 20) then take a drive over to the local bookstore. Offer to do a booksigning. Tell them you will provide the books, and will kick back to them $1 for each book you sell at the signing. Set a date and time for the event.

Next, contact the newspaper and have them write an article up about the event. Give the facts to them as if it were news - local author seeks to meet his readers. It just might sell.

If that works, greet everyone that enters the store and tell them all about your book, sharing your favorite passages.

Now ... here's the best part. You only have 20 books with you. With any luck, you will sell out. That's when you turn to the owner of the bookstore and ask if the people still wanting books could directly order them from him.

Once the owner sees you have a client base for your book they'll order some in, including a few extra for anticipated new customers.

Then, go to the next local bookstore. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. smile

4. profile image0
    blueraven6posted 8 years ago

Websites and Blogs are the usual methodology. Excuse the wordiness. I'm disciplined to write in as few words as possible.

Good luck.