jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Books to Movies

1. bpf07 profile image54
    bpf07posted 8 years ago

Books to Movies

When your faveorite book gets made into a movie what parts get left that you liked?

2. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 8 years ago

I hate it when books become movies.  Every time it seems like a major chunk of the story has been left out.  Only one book/movie was, for the majority, the same as the book.  That is Dreamcatcher, by Stephen King.  Awesome author and my example of a writer.  Him and Dean Koontz.  I've read almost all of their books.

3. nicole2O profile image56
    nicole2Oposted 8 years ago

The dialogue usually gets left out. Also most of the scenes get left out. If you were to take everything out of a book and make it into a movie, it would be really long. Because of this, things are usually taken out or added in, which isn't fun.

4. Miss D profile image53
    Miss Dposted 8 years ago

When an author writes a book, they fill it with all the relevant content that it needs, to be the story they want to tell. A film cuts pieces out to make the story fit into two hours of visual story-telling and then adds bits in to jazz it up a bit. This means the original story has changed and what's the point of that? Just come up with an original idea instead and stop messing with book contents.

working