i am just starting my book. Where on the computer do I put it? Do I need a speci

1. profile image45
    pennypamposted 8 years ago

i am just starting my book. Where on the computer do I put it? Do I need a special program or what?

I have windows xp...help

2. myweightlossplan profile image53
    myweightlossplanposted 8 years ago

You first decide in what dept. you want to keep it. I kept my in documents in a folder with the title of the book on the folder. Of course, once you've finished it, it's best to make several hard copies of it and store away in the event there is problems with your computer. Just in case, it would be a good idea to use rewrite cd's and save on one hard copy as you go along. You never know when a computer will crash or some idot choses to do something stupid and mess with the electric system in our country. There are a lot of idots out there. Anyway, save your work. Save, save, save. Good luck on your book. Hope its the kind that adds substance to this life. This world has too many distructive value in it. Make your really count for good!

3. petertheknight profile image78
    petertheknightposted 7 years ago

You probably want to invest in a USB Stick which you can buy at any major retail store.  (Target, Walmart, Office Max, etc.)  And always save your work.

For my book I used the most updated edition of Microsoft Word.  It works great and you can do so much with it.  I'm sure there are better programs, but the important thing to do is to keep writing!  (Which is hard.)