jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the future of book publishing?

1. Rakello profile image54
    Rakelloposted 8 years ago

What is the future of book publishing?

I'm wondering how authors will make money in the future?  Will it become a hobby, or will we find a model where writers can earn a living?

2. boorussell profile image55
    boorussellposted 8 years ago

i think its gonna be the same. a hit and miss concept occasion when writing.its time base. they have to come up with ideas. its not gonna be like a desk job. its has to be freelance kind of. i hope people dont lose their imagination and quit buying books. i know i want.
    or maybe an author will have a website with all their books and download them to your nook. maybe that's away.

3. eilander1542011 profile image59
    eilander1542011posted 7 years ago

It is hard to say, and this arises for many reasons. the biggest reason writing is so up in the air is because of the vast amounts of knowledge that can be transferred so quickly form one soul to another through writing and the subsequent. When a population is being controlled, then an art form such as writing can be very dangerous. This is a reason that reading and writing have been so downplayed and labeled as "dorky". It is establishment propaganda against the thinkers of the population.
    With that in mind, we can expect writing to become more lucrative if a way of exploiting it successfully comes about. Otherwise it may be pushed and forced underground, so as not to educate the masses too much. Writing isn't like the music and movie industries. Writings cannot be so easily manipulated, and thus are not pushed as much by the corporations. They would rather writing seem like a detrimental path.

4. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 7 years ago

The future will be all electronic media. Books will go the way of 8 track tapes and the walkman. Writers will be paid by downloads purchased. Also, all teaching and schooling will be done by remote at home on computers. No more classrooms. This will happen in less than 50 years.