jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I'm posting a love story in a hub, Do you think that people will read it without

1. Tranita profile image60
    Tranitaposted 7 years ago

I'm posting a love story in a hub, Do you think that people will read it without a review?

Personally I hate reading reviews on books. I find that reading the back of a book gives away too much detail. I experimented by reading a book then reading the back afterwards. If the title cant catch me then sometimes I wont read it. I like to be surprised when I'm reading and a review just spoils that for me. The book I'm writing is about.... not telling lol

2. jondav profile image75
    jondavposted 7 years ago

I don't see why not - but you may need to promote the link to your hub to get some traffic.

3. nataliemarie71 profile image60
    nataliemarie71posted 7 years ago

You never can be sure.  When I go to the library If I see a book that interests me I may read a quick summary to see what its about, but I never pay attention to what others think.  I read the book and form my own opinion!

4. Jael Turner profile image59
    Jael Turnerposted 7 years ago

The back of the book gives a summary. So, if says "Lola fell madly in love, unfortunately, the man she loved was two thousands years old." That is going to convince your readers to dive into the book much more readily, than if they have to wade through Lola's getting of bed in the morning, drinking her coffee, and only falling in love with the two thousand year old man in chapter eleven.

5. ravigill551854 profile image68
    ravigill551854posted 7 years ago

do not worry your work was to write a book and you done it very well let the reader do their job and be optimistic

6. Suzanne Day profile image95
    Suzanne Dayposted 7 years ago

As long as it's got a good title and author, you can write anything you want. It's refreshing if you can give your own perspective. A short summary at the top of the page helps people to get a quick glance if they don't want to read the whole synopsis.