jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Freelance writing vs Hubbing.

1. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

Freelance writing vs Hubbing.

As a freelance writer, which do you believe is better as a long term financial plan, selling writing online/in real life & thus building a reputation or writing royalty type articles on sites such as hubpages/your own site?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I would think how one wants to work would play a part. Work for another to produce for pay or work for oneself for pay. A choice  that would affect the over all decision. I think doing both would be good. smile

3. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

Writing for HubPages is so dependent upon the choice of subject matter and how good the writer is in the first place.

Having not been on AdSense for long, I can only assume that it would get better, but in all honesty, I can't see me making a living at it.

Freelance writing is good to bring in the bread and butter money with a sideline of hubbing or your own personal writing too, covering both bases.

Neither is guaranteed to necessarily get you where you want to be.

4. wychic profile image92
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I am a full-time freelance writer, and I have to say that while writing for clients makes more money faster -- and is generally the bulk of my income every month, but the percentage is shrinking -- affiliate writing is a much better financial plan. The reason for this is that, basically, writing for clients is not a financial plan at all, it's a direct exchange of a certain amount of work for a certain amount of money. Affiliate articles, on the other hand, will continue to earn (I have some reviews on another site that have been earning steadily every month for six years). It may only be a small amount to start with, but eventually you'll get a good article base built up, find some good subjects, improve your marketing skills, and get more and more recurring revenue coming in. The more recurring revenue you have, the less you have to add new work to make your monthly income requirements.

working