jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your dream writing project?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image82
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

What is your dream writing project?

2. kazemaru2 profile image56
    kazemaru2posted 7 years ago

writing a graphic novel series or adapting a short story into a reality tv treatment.

3. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

There's a James Patterson novel I like called Beach Road. I sometimes dream about being the one who gets to adapt it into a screenplay. I would create it to be filmed in accordance to the way the novel itself is structured.

The sections or chapters are told from the perspective of different characters: Chapter One: Tom; Chapter Two: Kate.... like that. This book is in audio book form. Its a multivoiced affair. The person reading for Tom, for example, gives the voice to all the characters in all the chapters marked "Tom." The same is so for Kate, Sean, etc. Follow me?

What if it were filmed that way? Suppose you had this movie starring Tom Cruise, Brooke Shields, and Matthew Modine, say. In the chapter or "sections" of the movie concerned with Tom Cruise's perspective would be in Tom Cruise's voice -- and all the characters appearing in those scenes marked as the "Tom" sections would move their lips but we would hear Tom Cruise's voice coming out of those mouths -- the voice he would modify to fit the character, if Tom Cruise were reading the audio book.

You know, most audiobooks are read all the way through by one actor. This actor "plays" all of the roles, all ages, both sexes, all "races," and ethnic groups. You see? What if Beach Road were simply filmed that way?

4. revueu profile image56
    revueuposted 7 years ago

Ken, thank you for your encouraging comments. I would primarily like to write non fiction, but I know there is a lot fiction within. I almost feel naughty thinking of writing fiction. I know not much of the fiction I would write would sell because it would not contain the vampires, and spiritistic things popular today.