jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you take polythene bags from the supermarket or just take your own 'bags for

1. motherbeastly profile image59
    motherbeastlyposted 7 years ago

Do you take polythene bags from the supermarket or just take your own 'bags for life'?

How important do you think it is not to carry on using poly bags?  If you forget your 'bag for life' do you take polythene bags?

2. MythiliK profile image65
    MythiliKposted 7 years ago

I always have my bag. But I used to take that small polythene covers just to keep meat / fish separately. Generally I take and dispose them in the place where we need to dump plastic and polythene items.

3. Anaya M. Baker profile image82
    Anaya M. Bakerposted 7 years ago

I try to remember to bring my own bag, but I do forget sometimes. I think over time I'll get better at it. I only started bringing my own about a year ago, and habits tend to take a while for me to develop.

I do take the plastic bags when I forget, but I always save them and reuse them. I use them when cleaning out my cat litter, or as trash bags for the bathroom.

My apartment complex supplies biodegradeable doggie bags for residents. I'd like to get to the point where any plastic bags I'm using are the degradable kind.

4. attemptedhumour profile image61
    attemptedhumourposted 7 years ago

We have a pile of green canvas bags at home and very rarely forget them, but sometimes like you i will purchase some odds and ends and carry them. It's amasing how much you can manage to carry, i've proved it and it sounds like you have too.
    We invested fourteen thousand dollars on solar panels about eighteen months ago and they are proving to be a wise investment already. Whether they help the environment i'm not sure as an article came in the paper saying the electric companies are not geared up for all these small generators of electricity. At least we are trying and we keep our power usage to the minimum. Hope that answers your question. Cheers