jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What treasure would a magical tree give to adventurers?

1. kookoo88 profile image61
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

What treasure would a magical tree give to adventurers?

A vast magical forest is watched over by a Mother Tree.  A group of 4 adventurers, a dragon, magical knight, and two extraordinary humans performed a great quest for the Mother Tree.  What would she reward them with?
    No Lord of the Rings or D&D duplicates. I want something that's extremely unusual and interesting.  Any ideas?

2. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

As someone that grew up in the mountains, I believe the magic that trees give us is peace and serenity when we cause upon these beautiful plants.

3. glenn wallace profile image74
    glenn wallaceposted 7 years ago

Are you running a roleplaying game, or looking for ideas for a story?
    If it's an RPG, you could make it a continuation item, like a magical seed or acorn that the adventurers are told to hold onto for some special purpose... That way the reward can become the jumping off point for the group's next adventure (though they'd still probably like some sweet loot in addition to the seed).

4. truebluewriter profile image64
    truebluewriterposted 7 years ago

Shared Partial Immortality.

The tree being the "mother tree" I'm assuming she/it should have power over life. The 'party" will become immortal for so long as one of them is alive and is able to resurrect the others. Much like how party based games are lol. Would be a good back-story for party based rpg games hehe

Thats about as weird and unique as I can go. I'm not sure if you'd consider it a DnD duplicate though.

5. aslanlight profile image74
    aslanlightposted 7 years ago

The magical tree would give the dragon more fire, the knight more magic and the extraordinary humans more extraordinariness. The feeling I get from trees is that they enhance the good qualities that we already have.

working