jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who is writing their FIRST fiction book?

1. MCAT4 profile image57
    MCAT4posted 7 years ago

Who is writing their FIRST fiction book?

Are you excited, nervous about the finished product?  I am currently writing a book and finally nearing the end ( I think ).  Thus far it has taken nearly two years in the making.  How are you going?

2. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

I have written two non-fiction books and am now finishing my fiction one.  It is a love story. This is my first fiction book I have written.

3. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I'm about 30k words, about 1/3rd, into a fantasy novel.  Of course, when it's done, the hard work starts, leave it for a month or so and then go back with a fresh mind and re-read, edit, edit, edit, re-read, edit again if necessary, and then start working through agents and publishers.

4. tmbridgeland profile image83
    tmbridgelandposted 7 years ago

Finished one in 2010, now I am trying to sell it. Working on two more right now, though slowly. Posting here on Hub pages a fantasy novel I started some years ago. The writing is the fun part. It's the selling that is work.

5. Emily Hopkins profile image59
    Emily Hopkinsposted 7 years ago

I've been working on my first novel for about 3 years, I wrote it entirely in a month which makes for a lot of bad writing, but really got me to finally write it. Since then it's been a process of chopping it up, rewriting, deleting, doubting, burning, and relishing in its greatness.

6. MCAT4 profile image57
    MCAT4posted 7 years ago

Thanks muchly for the comments... it's given me the rev up that I needed!

Closed to reply