jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Has anyone read a really good fiction book recently? The name and author please

1. billy sidhu profile image79
    billy sidhuposted 7 years ago

Has anyone read a really good fiction book recently? The name and author please

2. eveangelel profile image60
    eveangelelposted 7 years ago

Are there any specifics that you're looking for like are you looking for more of a sci-fi or a fantasy book? And what level because most of the popular books found in the teen section are very entertaining but written on a middle school level. More details please?
    Um... I'm a little hesitant to say this but when I was 13 I self-published a novel called Coleman under the name C.K. Parke but my publisher did very little editing and my grammar, spelling and formating were kind of bad. I'm not sure if it would suit your taste but if you want to look into it I would be very appreciative. It's for sale at barnes and noble. It really just depends on your taste. Sorry if I'm no help.
    I enjoyed all the books listed by petertheknight but I also liked Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan and Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz I think. The City of Bones series by Cassandra Clare has more a historic backing to it.

3. petertheknight profile image78
    petertheknightposted 7 years ago

I generally like fantasy...but I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for.  Here are some of my favorites:  Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.  Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.  Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer.  Leven Thumps series by Obert Skye.  Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Riordan.  The Inheritance Trilogy (Eragon, Eldest, etc.) by Christopher Paolini.

Another book that is interesting and educational is The Secret by Rhonda Byrne  Also there is the classics like Jane Erye and Pride and Prejudice.  A good Christmas fictional book is A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.  Also, the Lois Lowry books like The Giver and the accompanying titles are great and insightful.

Hope this helps!

4. gulnazahmad profile image63
    gulnazahmadposted 7 years ago

I think it depends on what sort of fiction you would like to read but some of my favorites and favorite of many others are:
    Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
    Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
    The Kite Runner by  Khaled Hosseini
    Any Book by Roald Dahl
    The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
    These are some of the best fiction books and I think you would like it because these are liked by people of any age and any taste.

5. Austinstar profile image91
    Austinstarposted 7 years ago

Any book by Lee Child, Douglas Preston, J.K. Rowling, Isaac Asimov, James Michener, oh, just about any fiction book. Check the best seller list.

6. trusouldj profile image78
    trusouldjposted 7 years ago

Sins of The Mother by Victoria Christopher Murray

7. marwan asmar profile image80
    marwan asmarposted 6 years ago

Dreaming of the Bones by Deborah Crombie..........brilliant

8. MichelleA2011 profile image60
    MichelleA2011posted 6 years ago

I have read more than one really good fiction book (in my opinion). Here they are:

Watchers by Dean Koontz

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Hell's Corner - David Baldacci

The Shifter Series by Rachel Vincent

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahme-Smith

working