jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Are there any phrases you read over and over on webpages that make you want to s

1. Jean Meriam profile image61
    Jean Meriamposted 7 years ago

Are there any phrases you read over and over on webpages that make you want to scream? I am so...

tired of reading "in this day and age" and "in these tough economic times"

2. uncorrectedvision profile image61
    uncorrectedvisionposted 7 years ago

At the end of the day....  In the final analysis...In My Opinion...

3. Howard Allen profile image89
    Howard Allenposted 7 years ago

"Think outside the box." This is especially annoying because the writer is encouraging creative thinking without doing any thinking himself.

4. john.jackson profile image71
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

Any phrases referring to as you said in the question, 'credit crunch' 'difficult times' etc. One of the reasons the economic climate is in the state that it is, is because of fear mongering and over exaggeration by the media.

5. profile image0
    Ruach Eishposted 7 years ago

Yes, lots.  And in newspapers too.  But there are so many of them I can't even begin to make a list!

6. fibo777 profile image60
    fibo777posted 7 years ago

financial crisis...recession...recovery...

7. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Yes, they should avoid these cliches like the plague.

8. DerekWrite profile image60
    DerekWriteposted 7 years ago

agree with credit crunch and other terms related to the 'economic crisis'.

9. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Hi,

I totally agree with  'in my opinion' gets on my nerves big time that one.

Although not a quote what really has steam coming out of my ears are those smart a-------s who have to use their fingers every ten seconds to make quotation marks in the air as they speak. That really makes me scream!!!

10. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 7 years ago

I'm tired of people calling everything a "space". We don't have rooms, homes or buildings anymore everything is a space. The home improvement shows wore this out and now everyone else says it too.

11. suncat profile image58
    suncatposted 7 years ago

Get loan fast... Get cash now... Apply for credit... Get approved... Change your career... In five months... Find a date... Find a partner... Improve your relationship... Run garage sale... Get the body you always wanted... Start a business in your kitchen... Start a business in your bedroom... While supplies last... Visit our web site... Your free subscription has expired... Your sign up information doesn't match our database... Try again...

working