jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Which book would you say changed your view on life and made you that much more s

1. Ella Robinson profile image59
    Ella Robinsonposted 6 years ago

Which book would you say changed your view on life and made you that much more smarter?

Life lessons

2. Modibas profile image60
    Modibasposted 6 years ago

Well it depends on what do You expect from a book. Some may want a story, and some may want some thoughts. I would recommend:
    "Thus spoke Zaratustra" by F. Nietzsche (Kind of philosophical book)
    "Walden" by H.D. Thoreu (Simple, easy to read and yet thought provoking)
    "Post office" by C. Bukowski (You may want to rethink some stuff related to Your everyday life after this one)

3. Temirah profile image80
    Temirahposted 6 years ago

Easy - Dale Carnegie's 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'.  It made me wake up to the people around me.

4. shazwellyn profile image55
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.  I have always practiced a certain way of doing things, but always thought I had to sacrifice and suffer to gain and achieve what I wanted to do.  For this alone, it has changed my life.  I am now joyous, every waking moment. 

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Secret-The- … ons-Belief

5. Mr-Yo LV profile image57
    Mr-Yo LVposted 6 years ago

I read that Dale Carnegie one a while back.  Loved it. 

But the one that moves me the most is, "177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class" by Steve Siebold.  This is definitely a read if you haven't yet.

6. MellyMoo profile image61
    MellyMooposted 6 years ago

'Being Happy' by Andrew Matthews.  A counsellor gave me a copy of this when I was a teenager and my father had just become mentally ill.  I found it incredibly helpful and have just bought a copy off ebay for my children when they get older

7. Kristeen profile image71
    Kristeenposted 6 years ago

I would have to say "The Holy Bible" written by men who "spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." (1Peter 1:21).  "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be throughly equipped for every good work." (2Timothy 3:16,17) I love the Word. There are many other books I have read for advice and out of interest, but the book I love and respect the most is the Word of God. It has the answers to all life's problems. It tells us how to live. It tells us where we came from and where we are going.

8. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

"The Invisible Woman" by Nicole Johnson.  I am not saying I agree with every last thing in it, just that it has a unique and refreshing perspective of the mom's role in life.  The bits I 'take with me' have certainly helped me.  As with almost any book (or person, or whatever!), there are some bits I don't agree with and/or ignore. Yet overall I would say this book was really helpful, and very original.  The fact that I liked it and found it extremely useful despite not liking other mom-oriented books speaks for itself, I think.

9. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

Can a book really do that?  Please list..... this book has to be a good read!

10. profile image0
    paulgcposted 6 years ago

"Getting the best from your 35mm SLR camera" by Michael Burgess.

This book was the first book i purchased when i took my first tentative steps into the vast world of photography almost ten years ago. The book was a revelation to me and i was bathed in a sea of information.

The book changed my view on life because photography asks you to look at things differently. Looking at the world through the viewfinder of my camera is a great way to appreciate the finer points of life and when captured on film or memory card allows me to dwell in that moment a little while longer.

The book made me a little smarter but the book served a bigger, less obvious purpose.The book allowed me to discover a whole new world that had previously been hidden from view.

My photos and level of technical  competence would not be possible had it not been for that book.

Thank you Michael Burgess.