jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should you say what is on your mind?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image81
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

Should you  say what is on your mind?

Someone recently wrote, that they always write what is on they mind.
    however, in most cases .. do you think something is better left unsaid....?
    Like silence is golden.

2. nycgrl profile image79
    nycgrlposted 6 years ago

I am pretty honest because I absolutely hate hypocrisy. I rather someone admit they don't like me then be fake nice and talk nasty behind my back. But my honesty has gotten me into trouble sometimes.  You do have to have some consideration for people's feelings and little white lies are just a necessary evil of life.

3. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 6 years ago

Since I've been told I'm about as tactful as a sledge hammer, I try to go by the words that Mom taught me - If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. I don't always succeed but I try.

4. jencooper profile image59
    jencooperposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on who you are talking to.  Generally we know who can handle what.  If you don't know if they can handle the truth, it's probably best to keep things to yourself.

I have a SIL who can dish it like nobody's business, but I know if I told her what I really thought sometimes she would hate me for life. 

Just be aware of your surroundings.

5. profile image53
    Marcella Glennposted 6 years ago

I feel, depending on the situation, say it.

6. scarlton profile image73
    scarltonposted 5 years ago

I'm also one who speaks their mind, I find this to be especially true the older I get smile If you always tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.....but if the truth will not serve any benefit to you, or help another, just leave it be.

working