jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why people are addict to read novels?

1. moneycop profile image78
    moneycopposted 6 years ago

Why people are addict to read novels?

As they are so long and time consuming.

2. breathing profile image61
    breathingposted 6 years ago

I think reading novels increase our power of imagination. The people who love to imagine himself love to read novels. I do not say this is an addiction. This is a very good habit.

3. Lisa Gateley profile image58
    Lisa Gateleyposted 6 years ago

Considering the fact that I read about 3-4 novels a week, I would say that for me it's more of an escape from "reality". I can delve into another world and lose myself in the characters and the world that the writer creates. Sometimes having something to "escape" into can save one from stress and I like to think that by using reading as my outlet, most of the time I'm pretty calm.

I don't think I would consider reading an addiction. I feel as though it's just an extension of my mind that I choose to read many books. I learn so much about writing and ways to hold a reader's attention, so it helps whenever I'm writing as well. I suppose that everyone needs to find something to do that keeps them sane, and for me that's reading books and learning from the authors and characters in the story.

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

It's the adventure for me. I've always had an overactive imagination, so when I get really into a book, the words turn into pictures. I've read the Harry Potter series multiple times just because it whisks me away to a world so unlike ours.

5. freecampingaussie profile image63
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

Do you watch movies or play video games ?? That is time consuming as well . reading is a good skill to have in life . I love reading novels for escapeism without adverts ,We grew up reading books like the famous 5 , secret 7 etc ! I can concentate on a novel better than a movie these days & you can learn a lot about life depending on what you are reading .
    I also read self help books, biographies etc as well.
    There are many benefits that are mentioned in other answers here !