jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do your children like to read books about ?

1. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

What do your children like to read  books about ?

Do they like animal stories , children having adventures ? What are their favourite subjects ? I remember loving Enid Blyton stories, Rupert and others.
    I am writing a book series  for children and part of my assignment is to do research on childrens interests.
    Thank you for your help !

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5403986_f260.jpg

2. Monisajda profile image73
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

I guess it really depends on child's age and level of maturity as well as interests. My seven year old likes "Magic Tree House" series because she is learning about different historical places and famous people. She also loves old fashioned classic fairy tales, especially ones that come from Eastern Europe.

My younger 4 year old likes books with animals as characters. Her favorite is "Franklin the Turtle" series. She also likes books about ballet and ballerinas and fairy tales. Both of them like books about elves, fairies, dragons and brave heroines. Especially when a female main character is perfectly capable to save herself and others, not a damsel in distress.

3. profile image0
    AlienWednesdayposted 6 years ago

My 12 year old loves fantasy books and history books. His favorite series are "Harry Potter" and "Charlie Bone".

My 6 year old enjoys books about people travelling and going on adventures. (He fancies himself a ninja)

My 3 year old loves books about animals, specially funny animal books like "Poor Puppy", "Bad Kitty" and "Officer Buckle and Gloria".

4. thebookmom profile image75
    thebookmomposted 6 years ago

MY girls love to read anything about horses, new places or peoples, or fun adventure stories.  Jane O'Conner is their current favorite author.

5. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

Thank you for your answers ! I loved the magic faraway tree as well as horse stories etc ! I have heard back from a publisher interested about my books , will be for 4-6 yr olds I think !

working