jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Why do you write?

1. MichelleA2011 profile image61
    MichelleA2011posted 6 years ago

Why do you write?

I might use your responses to write a hub with appropriate acknowledgments to those who answered smile

2. Hunbbel Meer profile image88
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

The simplest answer would be 'because I love to ... '

More than 80% of writers here are because they love writing. I have been writing here for the last 8 months or so, though I applied for my google adsense today (2nd time) and approved. Though, the thing is that for an artist/writer, money doesn't matter as much as the applaud does. I think that's the basic reason for the majority of writers to be here.

3. iviskei profile image75
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

I write because it is the only decent skill I have. Writing and I have a love-hate relationship though. Sometimes I love to write, and sometimes it feel like a chore. But if I don't write what I wish to, I get a nagging sensation in my subconsciousness.

4. profile image0
    AlienWednesdayposted 6 years ago

Writing is a part of me. I have to write. If I  don't, I feel wrong.

5. Admiral_Joraxx profile image80
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 6 years ago

I write because I want to share my thoughts to the world, and to know what the world thinks about it.

6. Kimberly Turner profile image78
    Kimberly Turnerposted 6 years ago

I agree with everyone, I write because I am good at and love it. Like Hunbbel Meer says money doesn't matter to me when I write... the applaud does. If people enjoy what I put out there than that is the biggest reward I could ever ask for.

7. saddlerider1 profile image68
    saddlerider1posted 6 years ago

I write because it's one of my best ways to express and release what's buried in my soul. As a Poet my muse also has a lot to say and often has to pull me from my cave to scribe. Not because I don't want to write, but because I am bothered at times by the darkness I write.

8. seicheprey profile image60
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

I am compelled to write.  I have no choice, if I don't I find myself getting extremely agitated.  It's like buying books.  I have to do it.

9. profile image0
    Tanmoy Acharyaposted 6 years ago

Wislawa Szymborska, a Nobel Prize winning poet,once wrote a brief poem titled 'Some Like Poetry'.I feel that poem may answer this question --

but what short of thing is poetry?
    Many a shaky answer
    has been given to this question.
    But I do not know and do not know and hold on to it,
    as to a saving bannister."

Writing can be a like a bannister for some.

10. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 6 years ago

I write because I must.  It's not an option. The words must come out.

11. Kristeen profile image71
    Kristeenposted 6 years ago

I write because I have been blessed with a God-given ability to do so. I love putting words together and making them meaningful. For me, writing is like reading a good book and not being able to put it down until it is finished.  I write devotional articles/hubs. Searching Scripture and putting God's message into words that are easily understood, strengthens my own faith and is a comfort to those who read. My heart overflows with love for God and I can't help but tell others about all the wonderful things He has done for all people. Thank you hub pages for this wonderful opportunity!