jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does your mind keep running without pause or break, drifting off into space all

1. CloudExplorer profile image79
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

Does your mind keep running  without pause or break, drifting off into space all the time?

Do you have trouble thinking to much all the time, where you actually can feel that your thoughts keep going, and going, and going, kinda like the energizer bunny. 

If so share your experience of this unlimited mental dilemma of sorts, or do you consider it a gift of some sort.  Does this constant racing of the mind help your writing abilities any.

2. PAPA-BEAR profile image60
    PAPA-BEARposted 6 years ago

My mind is ever present, almost like I am a Dalek with someone living inside my head. I could ignore it, it works, though it is still there rambling on, I have learned to be grateful for its source of data, and its loyalty in always being there.

3. Dardia profile image76
    Dardiaposted 6 years ago

My mind does go on quite often, and makes it hard to sleep. Bedtime is when it wants to be the most creative. Mornings it wanders about, darting here and there and making it difficult to settle on one thing. My husband often says, "The mind is a terrible thing," for that very reason. He of course is a very intelligent man and is somewhat proud of his mind.
    Meditation can help harness it's strength and possible calm it down to make it more manageable. Or at least help you to work with it better.
    I have to say with my mind I am rarely, bored! wink

4. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 6 years ago

A man I was dating told me that my mind is so full of thoughts and ideas that he doesn't know how I can function.  Actually, I have trouble sleeping at night because my mind won't turn off.  It is a curse as well as a gift, because without that productive mind, ideas just won't materialize, will they?

5. daisyf1305 profile image75
    daisyf1305posted 6 years ago

OMG for sure I can't seem to get one story in without another one getting in the way... I actually got 2,000 words down today whoosh!!!! so proud of myself!!!!