jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are your top three favorite books of all time and why?

1. whisperingxwords profile image60
    whisperingxwordsposted 6 years ago

What are your top three favorite books of all time and why?

If you can't chose pick your top three :]

2. VirginiaLynne profile image98
    VirginiaLynneposted 6 years ago

Phineaus Phinn by Anthony Trollope, Middlemarch by George Elliot, and Bleak House by Charles Dickens

3. profile image0
    newday98033posted 6 years ago

All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren, The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder, and War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. However there are many other wonders to be found.

4. Caerleon profile image77
    Caerleonposted 6 years ago

I have a favorite series of books.  It is called the Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte.  The first book is called The Skystone.  It is about King Arthur but none of the books are about him until later in the series.  I love it because it gives you a historic, realistic account of who he could of been and the world he could have lived in.  Most of the books are about his grandfathers and how they built the world King Arthur eventually "ruled".  Everyone who I have told to read it,  who actually did, has loved it and read all of the books.

5. i_am_monk profile image62
    i_am_monkposted 6 years ago

Of mice and men by John Steinbeck, Oliver twist by Charles Dickens and Harry potter and the goblet of fire by J.K Rowling

6. potofpoetries profile image59
    potofpoetriesposted 6 years ago

story collection of jack london is my favorite book because it shows will power of a man.
    secondly i like stories by mexim gorkee because his stories are great and shows reality.
    thirdly i like happy days by L. voronkova. it is very nice story of a small boy.

7. oopsydoopsygirl profile image58
    oopsydoopsygirlposted 6 years ago

Yargo by Jacqueline Suzanne (I absolutely adore this beautiful love story and have read this numerous times. This book was published after her death)

Are You There God It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume  (this book helped me understand puberty and added humor! A very good thing for a young emotional girl)

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown (I think he really did a fantastic job writing this and researching. He took amazing snippets of history and wove it into a fantastic, fast-paced-globe-trotting tale)

working