jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do people market books after publishing on Kindle?

1. DIMIR profile image83
    DIMIRposted 6 years ago

How do people market books after publishing on Kindle?

Do you really show a good profit, or does it just end up being a throw away?  Someone with a history would be great (or someone who's got a secondhand account, hey, I'll take it).  I just am really working on something and I want to know what to prepare for as far as publishing goes.  Thank you!

2. brsmom68 profile image87
    brsmom68posted 6 years ago

I think the best way to answer your question would be to refer you to the Smashwords Book Marketing Guide. It is available for free at Kobo and Amazon.com, as well as on the Smashwords site. I have a copy and it is a very valuable resource. I am currently published on Lulu, with both print and e-books available. I have read through the book a couple of times and am starting to implement Mark Coker's strategy. As for how it will work, time will tell. It is worth it to try his methods; you can't get a better deal than free.

I hope this has been helpful. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

3. DIMIR profile image83
    DIMIRposted 6 years ago

I just read the Smashwords guide and it is really great.  I made me feel a little like a super-author-spy, ha.   As long as your friends help promote you as well in similar manners, it shouldn't be too hard, well, I mean... not as hard as getting an agent.

4. shape_shifter profile image60
    shape_shifterposted 6 years ago

I noticed your question and immediately copied the link for the guide that brsmom68 is referring to... I had no idea anyone answered youyet, so this cracked me up!!! She is absolutely right! It is hands down the best overview of the process and strategy, regardless of who you published it through... and it's free! Here it is: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/305 that will tae you directly to the download page for the ebook!
    I am currently using the ideas in it as the core of my own marketing campaign to sell my novels, the second of which will be available through Smashwords any day now, and thusly every imaginable retailer and format, including .mobi for Kindle. The first book in the trilogy is already out there, as advertised on my profile and preview hubs.
    Anyway, the best thing to keep in mind for self marketing is NETWORKING!!! No publicity is bad publicity, so all the contacts you may have already, (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc...) become invaluable assets, as word of mouth is everything! The more time you spend networking and meeting new contacts, the more people find out about your book's existence, and the rest is up to the merit of the work in question.... For a good source right here on HubPages, I strongly recommend contacting our own "Website Examiner" and looking into what his "Novelty Fiction" network has to offer.... In addition to book and author reviews, he's been doing some pretty incredible things to help up and coming writers here at HubPages and is a great place to start... Best of luck!!

5. profile image0
    KatrineDalMonteposted 6 years ago

1. Blog about it.
    2. Write articles about it and post to articles directories, linking back to your ebook sales page.
    3. Publish a press release.
    4. Build a Squidoo lens and a HUB!
    5. Tell your friends on Facebook, Tweeter etc.