jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

When 'Hubbing' out an entire novel, chapter by chapter, what's the best way to g

1. RighterOne profile image60
    RighterOneposted 6 years ago

When 'Hubbing' out an entire novel, chapter by chapter, what's the best way to go?

I'm trying to do this now, and was wondering - maybe some of you have advice or have done this before yourselves. Please share either way!

2. Neil Sperling profile image84
    Neil Sperlingposted 6 years ago

Full speed ahead - one inch at a time! :-)

3. tiredmomoftwins profile image60
    tiredmomoftwinsposted 6 years ago

do it! you may want to make sure you are copyright protected...   i can't wait to read it.

4. RighterOne profile image60
    RighterOneposted 6 years ago

@ Tired Mom of Twins: No need to wait! Start right now with the Prologue (parts I through III) and Chapters 1 & 2 are also already up. Each of those 5 is an individual hub, and I'll be publishing subsequent chapters at a rate of 1/1-2 day(s)

P.S.> Since I am but a budding writer, and this multi-volume novel series is supposed to be a best-seller, please comment on style, content, and interest level from the perspective that this novel, once complete, will be published officially, and have 5-8 sequels. Help me make it a bestseller, please! Comment...

5. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Well, it sounds like you have just about everything in order. Involving your readers in the experience is the best way to develop your writing skills, and to find out what readers are really looking for in the next BFD of noveldom. The only things I would add are:

1. Always end your hub/chapter with a cliff hanger. That's the best way to keep your readers interested in continuing the story all the way to the end.

2. Don't force it. If a chapter/hub isn't flowing right, save it as a draft that you can come back to later, don't delete anything!

3. Get a coach. Even if you are rock solid in your creative writing abilities, it's always worth it to have someone there when your frustrated, unmotivated or you've gotten stuck with writers block. There are plenty of coaches who write here on HP, and I am available as well.

Just some things to think about!

Good luck smile

6. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 6 years ago

I have "hubbed out" several stories of events in my life.  I made sure that each hub was not too long, which is a mistake that some people make.  I also made sure that at the end of each hub, I made a statement that left people wondering what was going to happen next.  I tried to tell my story in a way that readers would identify with, and I made sure to connect each hub to the other at the bottom of the page, and put at least a couple of days between publishings.  Good luck!

working