jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Would Hubpages be an appropriate place to start writing column-like material?

1. luse profile image74
    luseposted 6 years ago

Would Hubpages be an appropriate place to start writing column-like material?

2. laurathegentleman profile image78
    laurathegentlemanposted 6 years ago

Hubpages is the PERFECT place to start writing column-like material, provided that you can dedicate yourself to setting your own deadlines and writing about something of interest on a regular basis!

Good luck!

3. That Grrl profile image71
    That Grrlposted 6 years ago

Yes. There are some column writers here already. Look up Mark Ewbie.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I wrote occasional humor columns for a regional paper for awhile. The paper eventually 'folded' (not my fault, really!) but I still owned the rights to my columns. Some of these became my first hubs, about three years ago.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Pretty much all of my Hubs are "columns," I have several ongoing "series" that I add to regularly ("It Came From the Bargain Bin" for B-Movie reviews and "Retro Metal Reviews" for CD/album reviews)

6. E-Z-University profile image61
    E-Z-Universityposted 6 years ago

Absolutely, Hubpages provides an online experience unlike any other writing platform on the web. People will comment on your hubs, you can build an audience, and you can really get a feel for the online writing experience. Plus you get paid!

7. JamaGenee profile image85
    JamaGeneeposted 6 years ago

CJ Stone is only one of many hubbers who recycle their old newspaper columns here.  Of course you can write brand new ones, but I personally prefer to use the ongoing column format on my blog.