jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you could make any book into a movie (that has not already been done), which

1. VeronicaFarkas profile image84
    VeronicaFarkasposted 6 years ago

If you could make any book into a movie (that has not already been done), which would you choose?

Of course, movies are usually not as good as the inspired book, but you're in control and can choose any to turn into a movie... Which would you choose and why? Do you know who (actors) would play the characters?

2. Billjordan profile image64
    Billjordanposted 6 years ago

Quest for a Fallen Star it's a book by Pierce Anthony that has a elvish, tone that include dwarf and men and wizards and a race to safe the world.

3. Tamilarasan123 profile image37
    Tamilarasan123posted 6 years ago

Its my own story i will publish my own created story and i will  sale it.....

my story name is bakku but still it not published....
    But i am sure it will beet the harry porter book records....
    and also i am searching a animation film institute and also a producer for my story...
    it will just cost 2 crore Indian rupee i expecting it will reach all over the world with out language problem....

Bakku Coming soon.....

4. thoughtwoman profile image58
    thoughtwomanposted 6 years ago

I'm really into zombies right now, so I was psyched when I heard that World War Z was being made into a movie. However, I was disappointed, because I would have rather seen Patient Zero made into the next great zombie movie.

WWZ is more like a documentary that follows up on the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, so that is the new hook to this particular story.

Patient Zero has a much more interesting hook in my mind, because they base it on science that is currently in use, which makes the potential for a zombie apocalypse more plausible in my mind. Patient Zero is the person whose brain has been manipulated through gene technology to become a zombie. Middle eastern terrorists design this technology and send Patient Zero to the United States to infect the rest of the nation.

Not sure who would play some of the characters, but I would like to see some middle eastern people play the middle eastern characters.

5. trailer309 profile image59
    trailer309posted 6 years ago

Love to see "The Martian Chronicles" by Ray Bradbury go to screen, be a tough one.

6. Highvoltagewriter profile image82
    Highvoltagewriterposted 6 years ago

I am writing a novel at this time that I will also write a screen play for...It is about family of werewolves living in Quebec Canada that was inspired by a series of stories I wrote here at HubPages I call the Howling Heart. I think it would make a great movie!

7. Voronwe profile image60
    Voronweposted 6 years ago

"The smoke jumper" by Nicholas Evans. I think it would make a great movie. As for the actors...I'd like to see someone new try the characters.
    This was the first book I completely fell in love with.

8. larcaustin46 profile image87
    larcaustin46posted 6 years ago

Why hasn't this Pulitzer Prize-winning novel reached the big screen yet? Take a look at some of the big names who haven't been able to close the deal on A Confederacy of Dunces... read more