jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who is your favorite historical author?

1. jtmiddleton profile image70
    jtmiddletonposted 6 years ago

Who is your favorite historical author?

2. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

I'd say my favourite author of the late 1800's was most definitely Arthur Conan Doyle. If you don't know him, he wrote Sherlock Holmes.

3. grinnin1 profile image79
    grinnin1posted 6 years ago

Louisa May Alcott-  Amazing person, incredibly intelligent,  couragous, open minded and  progressive in her thinking .Her writing still resonates today. I also love Emily Dickenson, her writing is haunting, beautiful and deep and she was a fascinating person.

4. Tamilarasan123 profile image37
    Tamilarasan123posted 6 years ago

ya me too agree with Indigital..
    Conan Doyle for Sherlock Holmes

5. ar.colton profile image84
    ar.coltonposted 6 years ago

Alexandre Dumas, of The Three Musketeers and The Count of Monte Cristo

I don't know how many times I've read Monte Cristo but it never gets old.

And I'll have to jump on the Conan Doyle bandwagon too. Not just for the Holmes books either (though most of them are great). I really enjoyed the Lost World (a sort of sci fi) and he wrote a lot of historical novels too.

6. profile image54
    eburnhamposted 6 years ago

My favorite historical author is Rick Atkinson.  His Liberation Trilogy describing the invasion of North Africa in the first book and the invasion of Sicily and Italy in the second.  I am eagerly awaiting the third and final book which must cover the invasion of Europe.  They are amazing books!  He also wrote The Long Gray Line describing the careers of the West Point graduating class of 1966.  This critically acclaimed book is on several military reading lists.

7. Gail Daley profile image58
    Gail Daleyposted 6 years ago

Roberta Gellis without a doubt. Her books are entertaining and her historical research is top notch.