jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which Harry Potter book is the best and which is the worst?

1. McVictory profile image61
    McVictoryposted 5 years ago

Which Harry Potter book is the best and which is the worst?

Also, which movie was the best and which was the worst?

2. colpolbear profile image97
    colpolbearposted 5 years ago

This is a tough one.....I'm going to have to say that the last one is the best simply because it's the most suspenseful

As for the worst....I'm not a huge fan of the second and third, and by that I mean comparatively to the rest of them.  They're too detached from the overall plot and didn't interest me as much.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

The best book was the last one when all of the pieces came together. Though the worst book was also the last one because it took so long for them to be in the dang forest. The first one will always be a great classic as well. When you learn the magic of Hogwarts and wizardry.
    The best movie was the one with the escape from Askaban.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

My personal favorite book is the Prisoner of Azkaban because the central villain wasn't Voldemort (for the first and only time in the series), but at the same time it also kicked off the larger story that would carry the series to its conclusion. (Wormtail's escape). And my least favorite is Half Blood Prince. It just really failed to recapture the magic of the first five, and felt like filler.

Of the movies, my favorite is probably Goblet of Fire, because of its great action sequences. And my least favorite movie, ironically, is the Prisoner of Azkaban. While it was a good movie on its own, it was a terrible adaptation.

working