Favorite Rowling book and why

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)
  1. kbowlingtiger profile image59
    kbowlingtigerposted 14 years ago

Out of the seven Harry Potter books, which one is your favorite and why? I dunno if I can choose. :-)

1. AkhilPS profile image38
      AkhilPSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows..............

2. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" because it was the best book in the series, in my opinion.

3. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Prisoner of Azkaban. I like Remus. smile

1. RachaelLefler profile image92
        RachaelLeflerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I liked Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban. Imho, the series takes a darker turn after the third book that makes it less enjoyable...

4. women in business profile image59
      women in businessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love all Harry Potter series except the last one. The last one i felt finished in hurry.

5. profile image56
      molivas24posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deathly Hallows.
      I believe that Rowling brilliantly ended the series with all the mysteries ever given solved. She even answered why the Bloody Baron is bloody from the first book. Pure genius.

2. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Never read any of the books or seen the movies. I just have a thing about books & movies where kids are the main characters....even when I was a kid I didn't care for them..I'm weird I guess! smile

3. profile image52
    collingridgeposted 14 years ago

I have never needed inspriation to read.... I have just always loved it. But the first 'real' books, as you put it, that I really loved to read were any By Jaquiline Wilson.

Joliese Tan

4. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 13 years ago

Chamber of Secrets. The whole Tom Riddle mystery was well crafted. The diary was somewhat unique in the fantasy art. Dobby was hilarious. Hermoine was perhaps at her most interesting stage. And unike the other books (save Deadly Hallows & Sorcerer Stone), my boy Harry was at his most determined state-of-mind. Not even Satan could deter him from his goal.

5. profile image52
    johnalbertyposted 13 years ago

Now that's done...they died for their cause, and she had to kill some of them...they were bound to be somebody's favourites, so i guess that somebody turned out to be you....
    Force Factor

6. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

I know so many adults love reading Harry Potter, but  I have never felt the urge. My own mum reads them and she is in her sixties. Yet I just don't like reading fantasy books like that.

It's funny, because my son is an avid reader and reads many books aimed at teenagers (he is 10), yet will not read Harry Potter - though he does like the films.

7. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 13 years ago

I guess so it's me. I have no shame in admitting I'm a Harry Potter fan. I'm content with my adulthood. I read, write, and do to (1) have the experience, (2) learn, and (3) enjoy life. To each man his own.

8. Rafini profile image80
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

All the books by JK Rowling are my favorite.  Even Beedle The Bard and Quidditch Through The Ages.  She has a wonderful imagination and created a well-crafted story to match.

There were parts of the books I wasn't too fond of though...such as Gwarp.  I didn't understand the reasoning to include him. (he didn't take care of Umbridge, the Centaurs did)  I also didn't understand why Umbridge was at Dumbledore's funeral. 

As for the 7th book, I felt there hadn't been enough explanation about the magical education in order for Harry, Hermione, and Ron to accomplish their tasks.  I mean, in book 6, when Dumbledore tells Harry 'magic leaves a trace'  we don't hear of anyone learning how to find it or how it's used in the 7th book.  It just left me disappointed.

I think the last 3 books were a bit rushed and that's why they turned out this way.

9. Lora Palmer profile image61
    Lora Palmerposted 13 years ago

All of the books in the series are wonderful, but if I had to choose a favorite, it would probably be Prisoner of Azkaban. Why? Sirius and time travel...what more could you want in a book?
    -grin-

10. lizzyroe profile image61
    lizzyroeposted 13 years ago

It's such a hard decision! I'm a little obsessed with the series. But my favorite is either Prisoner of Azkaban or Deathly Hallows.

11. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I like her pre-wizardry phase when she was writing erotica... like her tale about the sexual escapades of a train station employee in eastern Europe in her 1986 novel "The Hairy Porter"

1. mrpopo profile image73
      mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Her modern wizardry phase is still very much erotic... just change "wand" to "willy" and you'll see what I mean.

"Harry took the willy. He felt a sudden warmth in his fingers. He raised the willy above his head, brought it swishing down through the dusty air and a stream of red and gold sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on to the walls."

"Yes," Harry said, gripping his willy very tightly, and moving into the middle of the deserted classroom. He tried to keep his mind on flying, but something else kept intruding.... Any second now, he might hear his mother again... but he shouldn't think that, or he would hear her again, and he didn't want to... or did he?"

"Something silver-white, something enormous, erupted from the end of his willy."

"What's got your willy in a knot?"

12. william22 profile image56
    william22posted 13 years ago

i like Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix because it is the longest book in the series wink

13. profile image0
    tiagodamiaoposted 9 years ago

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. That book has something there that is amazing. All of them have that "magic" we all know, but the 5nd is awesome.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)