jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should I start doing short stories again?

1. gmaoli profile image78
    gmaoliposted 5 years ago

Should I start doing short stories again?

I've been focusing on doing humanitarian news stories since I started hubbing here.  Before that, I use to do short stories that had humanitarian and inspirational messages in them.  If I started doing them again, would you all be interested in reading them?  You can find a sample of them on a link I have on my profile (the Yahoo Voices link) and let me know your thoughts. 

Overall, I've enjoyed a wealth of support for my work so far and I want to thank you all for that!  Happy blessings to everyone!

2. nutuba profile image61
    nutubaposted 5 years ago

Two answers: Yes and it depends.
    I would vote yes because I'm a fan of reading (and writing) short stories.
    I would vote "it depends" because, well, it depends if you really want to do short stories.
    If you want to do it, do it. If you don't want to, then by all means don't. I suspect that you want to, though, or you wouldn't have asked ... so go for it!

3. Phelcky profile image59
    Phelckyposted 5 years ago

I think you should! I would definitely read them smile

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I think that almost any short story, good or bad, contributes to a pool of material that we can all learn from. Even the ability to write a short story from start to finish is an accomplishment that others may find encouraging. So, I see no harm done if you were to try it again.

5. pappo profile image60
    pappoposted 5 years ago

I think you need to write what inspires you. If you have an idea for a short story, by all means write it. I guess you like to do a little bit of both.
    There may be a time when you will decide to just write about a specific subject or field, but for now it sounds like you like to go in different directions.
    I would say : just do it! Enjoy the ability to communicate with others by writing. You do a good job. I will read them!

working