This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How long do you nurture ideas before you actually start writing hubs?

1. gotseo profile image61
    gotseoposted 6 years ago

How long do you nurture ideas before you actually start writing hubs?

Personally, I need a couple of days to think over the topic and collect the necessary material before I start writing. And what about you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6244484_f260.jpg

2. petenali profile image83
    petenaliposted 6 years ago

It varies.  If it's something from personal experience and I have the urge to write about it, I'll start right away and let it flow naturally.  If it's a topic I need to delve deeper into, then that takes time and it is then a progression.

3. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 6 years ago

I am hardly a veteran Hubber since I have only published one since joining last week, but that took me two or three days once I decided to do so. My biggest frustration was (and is) getting photos that work with the text without paying anything, or too much. I have a list of ideas and some text ready to go, but have to find those photos and have them ready. I searched many sites advertising "free" stock photos only to find nothing that helped me without, in come cases, more money than I was willing to pay.

4. debbie roberts profile image82
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

When I get an idea for a hub, it may take a few days before I start actually writing it as I like to think of what information I'd like to read if I were the reader. When I do start it usually takes me a couple of days to complete.

5. savanahl profile image70
    savanahlposted 6 years ago

I have a notebook with me at all times so if I get ideas I will write them down right away. That way I won't forget them but to answer your question, it just depends on the idea. Sometimes I come up with an idea that's so exciting that I will write it on the spot. Then other times I'll ponder a few days, maybe do a little research.

working