jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How long do you nurture ideas before you actually start writing hubs?

1. gotseo profile image60
    gotseoposted 6 years ago

How long do you nurture ideas before you actually start writing hubs?

Personally, I need a couple of days to think over the topic and collect the necessary material before I start writing. And what about you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6244484_f260.jpg

2. petenali profile image85
    petenaliposted 6 years ago

It varies.  If it's something from personal experience and I have the urge to write about it, I'll start right away and let it flow naturally.  If it's a topic I need to delve deeper into, then that takes time and it is then a progression.

3. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 6 years ago

I am hardly a veteran Hubber since I have only published one since joining last week, but that took me two or three days once I decided to do so. My biggest frustration was (and is) getting photos that work with the text without paying anything, or too much. I have a list of ideas and some text ready to go, but have to find those photos and have them ready. I searched many sites advertising "free" stock photos only to find nothing that helped me without, in come cases, more money than I was willing to pay.

4. debbie roberts profile image82
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

When I get an idea for a hub, it may take a few days before I start actually writing it as I like to think of what information I'd like to read if I were the reader. When I do start it usually takes me a couple of days to complete.

5. savanahl profile image69
    savanahlposted 6 years ago

I have a notebook with me at all times so if I get ideas I will write them down right away. That way I won't forget them but to answer your question, it just depends on the idea. Sometimes I come up with an idea that's so exciting that I will write it on the spot. Then other times I'll ponder a few days, maybe do a little research.

working