jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Describe Unique?

1. MojoDawg profile image61
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

Describe Unique?

2. hazelwood4 profile image75
    hazelwood4posted 6 years ago

What are some of things that make you special and unique?  What are the the things that set you apart? read more

3. simichacko profile image54
    simichackoposted 6 years ago

Unique is something different from others, that is, nothing can equal or reach near of it. In every sense, it will be special and can not be compared with anything.

4. Mmargie1966 profile image93
    Mmargie1966posted 6 years ago

Abnormal...or is abnormal, normal now?  When I was growing up, I was told I was weird and different.  My 1st husband said I needed psychological help because I wasn't normal.  It was meant to be an insult, but I took it as a compliment. 

My daughter has been told the same thing.  We have embraced being unique as being special.  Who wants to be like everybody else anyway?  That is a boring way to live your life, if you ask me.

Unique is special and different.  Unique (to me) means you are an independent thinker and don't follow the crowd or cow to peer pressure.  Its one who has a strong personality and enough self esteem to accept being "unique".

i love being unique, and my loved ones are proud of me for being unique.

Great question, Mojo!  Thanks for asking!

5. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

A unique item is a one off, an absolute, so the absurd saying we oftenn read or hear  - very unique - is completely wrong, something is either unique or not, it cant have any quantative quality of uniqueness.

6. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

Unique is something that is rare, one of a kind, and nothing compares to it.

7. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 6 years ago

Unique is one of a kind. There is no other like it, being an event, an art object, anything.

Thus there is no such thing as the following:
    most Unique
    very Unique
    less Unique

Most unique is the most misused and overused phrase in the English language. Good newspaper editors cringe when a reporter turns in copy with that term. Those that do not cringe, should not be newspaper editors.

working