jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

How do you feel about the word.................NORMAL?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

How do you feel about the word.................NORMAL?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12278604_f260.jpg

2. Azad Shaikh profile image60
    Azad Shaikhposted 3 years ago

I feel absolutely NORMAL.

Normal is very Normal.

3. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 3 years ago

I think "normal" doesn't really exsist,because it is all the point of view.I could consider myself normal and to someone else I could be weird. Exception of a normal in a tempiture or such where there has been an overall agreement scientifically.

4. Harishprasad profile image83
    Harishprasadposted 3 years ago

When  things are  normal in our life, we  have peace in our life. When circumstances   are against us,  we  get agitated and don't remain normal. However, with efforts we can control ourselves and can maintain a normal demeanor. When we are normal, our all emotions are genuine,  and the moment we try to impose a behavior on ourselves, we get abnormal. Being normal is our true self ; being  fake is abnormal. Being normal does't mean stagnation and mediocrity. On the contrary, it is to strive for the best and yet remain composed and calm. Being successful and normal is more graceful than being popular and chaotic. Being normal also keeps us in good health. The normal people are sane but abnormal people are insane. Even normal people are a crazy lot, but their craze is for taste, decor, comfort, balance, art, peace etc. The abnormal ones cause destruction, chaos, anarchy, discrimination, malice, hatred etc. So, to me normal is a great word that tells a lot. Come on friends, be normal.

5. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Normal to me is a concept that isn't real - it's how people go about settling for the path of least resistance or justify being the same as everyone else because they lack the desire, skill or initiative to blaze their own trail or see things in new ways.  Every person is painfully normal in many ways, but also very unique in others.

To me "normal" is "ordinary".  It has its place sure, but there are a lot of ways in which "normal" needs to be overcome to become successful.  Every innovation in life comes from those who go beyond "normal" and find new ideas and act on them.  Then one day those become the new "normal", (the Earth being round instead of flat for example).  After that, the next comes along to once again redefine what is normal or accepted with the next leap in consciousness or discovery and on and on the cycle goes.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, to me normal means run of the mill, ordinary...........mediocre.  Who wants to be......THAT?

6. grand old lady profile image84
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

I often feel that the concept of "normal" is often relative.

7. Molly Layton profile image82
    Molly Laytonposted 2 years ago

I think everyone, at some point in their lives, wants nothing more than to be 100% normal. read more

8. Kylyssa profile image94
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

Normal is a term I dislike but use anyway so I can reach people who need to be reached. For example, I don't use the autism community jargon when I write about autism for non-autistic people. By the time I educate them in the more correct and less emotion-laden terminology, such as neurotypical instead of normal, I've lost them.

I'm also sometimes being a little sneaky using the term normal. I occasionally use it to try to get people to think about how seeing themselves as normal and people like me or people who have the condition I'm writing about as not normal is an ass thing to do.

Normal is a word I hated for decades while striving to emulate being normal. I'm thankful I finally gave that up and that my enjoyment of life no longer depends on how well I can pretend to be normal. I'm here, I'm weird and I'm a little bit queer, people just need to deal with their own feelings about my looks or behavior in their own heads.

9. profile image0
    Anastasia Rokinaposted 2 years ago

I don't know what normal is smile

working