jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to go about getting published internationally with a newly

1. Resolver2009 profile image67
    Resolver2009posted 6 years ago

What is the best way to go about getting published internationally with a newly written debut novel?

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this, or have gone through the process themselves. Is it best to send a transcript of the book via mail or should one get in contact with a publishing agent or similar?

2. Damiendarby profile image61
    Damiendarbyposted 6 years ago

eBooks my friend. I have published 11 of them with four more to go. It is the #1 best way for authors to get out into the world right now, beyond a doubt.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

I would recommend looking for an agent who has a hand in international markets. Most agents have their own web pages now, and they do a pretty good job of laying out exactly what they do. The 2012 guide to literary agents is a huge help, but if you can't afford it, you can check one out from your local library. I'm currently in the process of looking for an agent and I noticed that a great deal of them also deal with international markets. This is probably a better avenue for you than self published e-books, because they rely too heavily on you as the advertiser. While this might be possible in the country you live in, it is much more difficult over seas. An agent will have the connections and the channels to get your book noticed in foreign markets.

4. Enelle Lamb profile image85
    Enelle Lambposted 6 years ago

Some publishers won't accept manuscripts unless they are submitted by an agent. Check out M.T.Dremer's answer for a current list of agents and see if there are a few who fit with you. Make sure their commission is within the limits, as you want to keep as much profit as possible. Read the fine print before accepting anything!
    Most publishers still rely on you to do the majority of the marketing, but they at least will supply you with the necessary tools.

5. stugod profile image75
    stugodposted 6 years ago

I made friends with an American writer editor. There will be a link on every hub of mine.. Georganna Hancock. Try her she is pretty damned good at that stuff