What spy thriller books will you recommended for teenage boys aged 13- 15?
Please give at least 5 or more suggestions and maybe a review of the books.
Almost any books by Alistair MacLean. They are well-written, exciting and free from sexual themes.
1) Ice Station Zebra (there is a movie staring Rock Hudson and Ernest Borgnie) this is a spy novel about a stolen satelite camera that falls to earth in the Antartic
2) Where Eagles Dare (there is also a movie staring Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood), A world War II drama about identifing spies behind enemy lines
3) When Eight Bells Toll is a story about a police undercover agent catching smugglers who have a hold of terror among the local fisherman.
4) The Guns of Navarrone (Also with a movie staring Gregory Peck & David Niven) is about a group of allied soldiers who have to take out artillery guns behind enemy lines so ships can get in to rescue stranded soldiers.
5) Circus: is about undercover agents who go behind the Iron Curtain as circus performers.
All of these books are obtainable from the library and some may be available as e-books.
I am absolutely in love with the Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler. Every book starts with a thirty page non-fiction history lesson that gives the framework for the fictional story. Dirk Pitt is a cross between James Bond and Indiana Jones, keeping the reader constantly turning pages to find out what happens next. His books ask the questions: What happened to Hitler? Where is Atlantis? What happened to the Aztec's gold?
If your son is fairly mature, he may enjoy the Bourne Trilogy by Robert Ludlum. They are a little difficult to follow and are, at times, quite violent. However, violence comes naturally with this genre. The books differ from the films in that the central antagonist is a real person, Carlos the Jackel, who ran an underground crime and terrorism network. He is currently serving a life sentence in a French prison.
by Danielle McGaw 6 years ago
Do you talk to your teenage boys about sex and the consequences of possible parenthood?Many of us talk to our daughters about this but how many are talking to our boys about it? My daughter was pregnant at 16 and the father was a 15 year old boy who had very little parenting. As a...
by praveenniru 5 years ago
Are emotional feeling of teenage boys are different from motions of teenage girls is it true whyemotional feeling related to social gathering at home or college, feelings related to their younger once and so on...
by praveenniru 5 years ago
Are emotions of teenage boys are different from the emotions of teenage girls is it true if so why
by ngureco 5 years ago
How do I prevent my teenage boys from growing-up into love-shyness?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|