jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Wrote a a book review. Initial score 46. Delete or publish? Never had an initia

1. David Warren profile image81
    David Warrenposted 5 years ago

Wrote a  a book review. Initial score 46. Delete or publish? Never had an initial score this low.

If I wrote a hub that was basically a book review and it only shows a score of 46 which is the lowest I've ever seen should I delete rather than publish?

2. MSantana profile image45
    MSantanaposted 5 years ago

That is just a starting point. If people are reading and staying at your page or commenting enthusiastically about your review, it goes up quickly. Perhaps it is an interesting contribution but not in a popular niche. That is totally fine. There is enough people here which allows for a variety of taste. Good luck!

3. Made profile image61
    Madeposted 5 years ago

I would publish it. I don't think you have anything to lose. I'm sure it will go up. I have published hubs with initial scores under 50. My lowest score on a hub is 56 right now and that hub isn't very good. Publish and good luck! That's my advice.

4. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 5 years ago

keep it unpublished for a couple of days, and tweak it a little here and there. the score will automatically rise.

the score doesn't matter though ... with comments and vote up's, the score will improve.

5. Teylina profile image60
    Teylinaposted 5 years ago

I'm w/Made on this, because truthfully, you don't have anything to lose, and, it is, as someone said, a starting point. All good ideas here. Double-check your use of language and especially sentence structure, as reviewers are not allowed mistakes! Also, you might make sure your first sentence makes the person want to read the review.

6. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

The score will go up. Most of mine start at the bottom and most find their way toward the top after awhile. I'm not even for sure how the ratings work unless it has to do with the keywords or tags. If people read it, it will go up.  If it stays down, revise it. Add something more like a link to one of your other reviews.

7. Charlotte B Plum profile image77
    Charlotte B Plumposted 5 years ago

I had hubs with an initial score of 46 too. Over a few days, the score increased. So I'd publish it too!

8. Doodlehead profile image78
    Doodleheadposted 5 years ago

I have had hubs start in the 50s and rise to the 80s.  Hey---if it even gets one hit and you sell 10 books off and Amazon hit, it would be worth it, right?