jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Anyone do Nanowrimo?

1. tiginban profile image60
    tiginbanposted 8 years ago

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone's ever done the nanowrimo and how they got on? This is where you write a novel in a month (November).
    Cheers

1. hudsonj1994 profile image60
      hudsonj1994posted 8 years agoin reply to this

What is that?

2. Health Tips Woman profile image61
    Health Tips Womanposted 8 years ago

I have never heard of it. I am interested in what you find out.

3. tiginban profile image60
    tiginbanposted 8 years ago

Well, it's a bit of a marathon where the priority is quantity over quality. I suppose it will get me off my rear end. Don't know if I have a novel in me, but it's one way of finding out.
    http://www.nanowrimo.org/

4. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

I did it last year and have signed up again for this year.  If you complete the target of 50 000 words in November, then you win a free proof copy of your book from Createspace which is part of the Amazon group.  Which means of course, that your book will be availablke for all to buy off Amazon.

5. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

Click on Tigiban's link and check it out.  I think all hubbers who feel they have that novel inside them wanting to come out, should go for it!

6. Paradise7 profile image83
    Paradise7posted 8 years ago

Thanks for this.  I've got a week to think about it.  I might go for it.  This is great, to put it out on the forum.  I think there's a few people here on HubPages that'll LOVE the idea.  Thank you again!

1. Gemsong profile image76
      Gemsongposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It works for me. Don't think about the imperfections. This is a first draft. Don't go back and change anything. Just keep writing into you get to the end. It is like a creating a skeleton. Once you get the bones in place you can worry about fleshing it out later. Any novelist will tell you the first draft of any novel is crap, but the foundation is there for you to build on.

I'm Gemsong over there. If you buddy me, let me know and I'll buddy you back.

working