jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I know this a silly question, how can I make a sentence blue, or a title blue? T

1. Dee42 profile image79
    Dee42posted 5 years ago

I know this a silly question, how can I make a sentence blue, or a title blue? Thanks.

I have seen really organized hubs, and this makes them attractive.

2. Shadesbreath profile image84
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

Well, I can only assume you mean hyperlinks, as that's the only blue I can think of off the top of my head. When you embed a link into a word or a phrase, it turns the text blue.  To do that, go to your text capsule, click edit, and then, to put in a link, you highlight the bit of text you want to serve as a link (turn blue). Then, click the little button that looks like two links of chain. That will bring up a popup box which prompts you to put in the URL for the page the link will direct your readers to.

If that's not what you're after, shoot me a link to a hub with an example of what you are looking for and I'll help if I can.

3. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

If the words are not links, then perhaps the writers are putting style attributes with the html tags.  For example, if you have a phrase written between b and /b tags to make it bold, then you can make if blue by changing the b to b style="color:#0000ff"

(I apologize that the HTML tags are not being rendered correctly in this answer, that is the fault of HP)

I'm not sure if the system will allow those alterations to stick however, since the HP text modules will erase any non-sanctioned HTML. (As it did the first time I tried to compose this answer)

Alternatively, you can view the source code of the page to see what HTML they are using to achieve that effect.

4. profile image0
    Lisa Marie Warrenposted 5 years ago

It's not at all a silly question.  No "legitimate" question is "silly".  I see that others have most likely answered the question you were asking, but I was wondering if, by any chance, you mean the blue text boxes in Hubs.  If that's what you meant the way to do that is to click "edit" for the text box (but only if the text box will be alongside the Hub, not if it's one of the "center"/main text boxes; because you can't turn them blue).  With the text boxes that you put on along the right-hand side of the Hub you can edit them and select either a blue or gray background.