jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Has anyone here read 'Getting Things Done' by David Allen? If so have you implem

1. WebsiteConfetti profile image67
    WebsiteConfettiposted 5 years ago

Has anyone here read 'Getting Things Done' by David Allen? If so have you implemented any steps?

This book is insanely popular in the business and productivity world, and the GTD principles are popping up everywhere.

Has anyone read the book  and actually applied the principles? I personally found it overwhelming but so many people swear on it im considering giving it another read through. The only thing I took away from the book the last time I read it  was the Ticker File.

2. Catherine Kane profile image82
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

It's actually a good system, but you get out of it what you take out of it. It's actually ok to only take pieces, or to implement things one at a time

The tickler file can be a very useful tool for staying organized, if you remember to consult it

The technique for moving all of your "To do" s to paper so they're not cluttering your head and then starting to chew away at the list is also well worthwhile

1. WebsiteConfetti profile image67
      WebsiteConfettiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your answer Catherine. Implementing one thing at a time is probably a good idea. I keep forgetting to consult the tickler file, so i guess once I master that I could re-read the book and pick up another pointer

2. Catherine Kane profile image82
      Catherine Kaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. The whole system is good but can seem overwhelming, whereas doing it in stages builds good habits and makes it more workable smile

3. Marc Rohde profile image69
    Marc Rohdeposted 5 years ago

I love a huge fan of the process and have been following it for years!  There are a couple other concepts that you may want to consdier, like following the idea of if it take less than 2 minutes do it.  The idea of processing things with one touch is a great way to be successful.

One article I have written on this is:

http://marcrohde.hubpages.com/hub/18-Wa … eat-Stress

I will be migrating a number of my GTD articles to hubpages shortly if you are inclined to get some further suggestions.

http://marcrohde.hubpages.com/

working