jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it ok to publish blatantly seo articles on Hubpages? I just saw a string of a

1. TMHughes profile image93
    TMHughesposted 5 years ago

Is it ok to publish blatantly seo articles on Hubpages? I just saw a string of articles like that...

I just saw a string of articles like that.  I'm not mad or anything, I just thought that kind of thing was frowned upon.

2. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

The management would have to decide that. I'd think flagging them would find out. If they're removed then you can conclude HP disapproves, if not that it doesn't mind.

Personally I don't consider them good writing and don't do them myself. It pollutes what I see as the purpose and integrity of the site. I don't read them when I encounter them, either, but it's not up to me to say whether or not they're allowed here.

3. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

If it's a whole string of articles on that subject chances are it's spam.  Flag the hubs for the moderators and they will check them.  Also, if it's the same person, check their profile.  Have they written anything else useful? Have the recently joined and posted dozens of articles? These kinds of things can indicate a need to flag the persons profile for the HP moderators as well. 

Spam is not tolerated on HP, but it takes all of us contributing to make this site the best it can be for all of us. 

That being said, some articles on SEO are truly useful and have been written by hubbers truly trying to help other writers.  (I'm a guilty party here too lol) However, a whole string of them in a row seems fishy and probably is a spammer, so please take action when you see things like that smile

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

SEO on its own isn't technically a negative thing. Someone could write a legitimate article and optimize it without any fear of being flagged or banned. A lot of writers frown on it, however, because it cheapens our profession into a series of buzz words and hyper-links. It makes it impersonal and hollow. This isn't universally true, but that's how I feel about it in a general sense. If the hubs you're looking at, however, are poor quality and are just fishing for clicks then feel free to flag it for the moderators.