Does anyone else get writer's block that is ironic and/or seems to have "O.D.D."

1. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

Does anyone else get writer's block that is ironic and/or seems to have "O.D.D."?

Is it just me, or does anybody else notice that the closer they get to their desk and/or *literally* "the blank page (and/or screen), the foggier, less focussed, and anxious they become, while YET when away (driving, showering, "Farm-Villing" - doeesn't always have to be physical space, now does it! - mowing the lawn, during a staff meeting, while TRYING to write another piece altogether!!!) from the writing task you wish to accomplish, the more brilliant, salient, flowing, and almost "pre-written" the darn thing APPEARS to be??

2. thejokethatkills profile image84
    thejokethatkillsposted 5 years ago

I completely agree; it seems that some of the best ideas just come to people when he or she are doing mundane activities. When I try to really think about my story, I often cannot come up with anything concrete because I believe I am simply over thinking. However, once I relax and do my daily routine, I get some very inspirational concepts for my writing. I think it's ultimately because the mind and body are both active and without complete focus on one topic,  you allow your mind to take in all your surroundings, filters all the thoughts that automatically come to mind, and allows you to come up with some great ideas from theses same thoughts. The mind really has some great capacities that will never truly be known 100%.

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

working