jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you like poetry better or literature?

1. tulika4321 profile image60
    tulika4321posted 5 years ago

Do you like poetry better or literature?

Short, meaningful poetry or beautiful long literature? What do you think?

2. Keith Ham profile image60
    Keith Hamposted 5 years ago

Beautiful long literature, I'm just not the kind who fully appreciates Poetry. I've tried to get into it, tried to write it, but its just not me.

3. Hector Rosales profile image60
    Hector Rosalesposted 5 years ago

I like both. I guess it depends on the mood, the content, the thoughts I'm having at the moment. It goes both ways, whether I'm reading it or writing it.

4. profile image0
    huckelburyposted 5 years ago

So much depends not only on a red wheelbarrow and white chickens but the reader's frame of mind. I live in New Hampshire where the winters are long and cold. Some nights I love curling up with a big book for hours of pleasure. At other times, I need a quick peek at something that still takes away my breath, be it a piece by Frost or something more complicated by Eliot. Making a definitive choice between two flawless gems is therefore impossible.

5. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

I prefer writing poetry to reading it, but literature has won me over. So I'd say beautiful long literature.

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Literature. I love descriptions, the more detail the better. Poetry is too short and not blunt enough from my perspective.

7. tulika4321 profile image60
    tulika4321posted 5 years ago

Thanks for all the response! Personally, I love literature cause it's so interesting but I love poetry also because it has rhythm and I love rhythm.