jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What's your opinion of WordPress?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

What's your opinion of WordPress?

I started on Wordpress years ago, back before I discovered Hubpages, and I never really got into it, I can't remember why. Has any one had any luck on it? What are some of your thoughts on it?

2. Sapper profile image69
    Sapperposted 5 years ago

There are two different WordPress sites, but from your question I'm assuming you mean wordpress.com.

Like pretty much all hosted blogging sites, ok at best. The 90's are long gone, and I honestly can't figure out why people still use sub-domain sites for anything other than back-links. Especially with how cheap it is to buy hosting and a domain.

If you meant wordpress.org, it's great. It gives people the opportunity to have a fully functioning, good looking site with no coding experience. I think anyone who has a website should know at least a little coding, but then again I also think if you can't change the oil you shouldn't be allowed to drive a car so my opinion on that doesn't mean much.

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
      ThompsonPenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually after posing the question I discovered there were two. I'm am curious about both, but the original question was for the .com smile

3. Preethi Anusha profile image84
    Preethi Anushaposted 5 years ago

The .com version has better competitors . Not worth trying in my opinion.
    The .org is great in terms of ease of use , number of plug-ins available, Great themes , user base ( in numbers )  and an amazing community .

I personally did not make full fledged use of .org , but know many others who found success with it .

working